Ivy-Dry® Facts about Poison Ivy, Bug Bites and Stings and Poisonous Plants

 
   

Bug Bite Facts

Why do Mosquito and other Insect Bites Itch?
Visible, irritating Mosquito bites are due to an immune response to antigens in the mosquito's saliva. Our bodies release a substance called histamine that causes inflammation the we perceive as itching as our body tries to rid itself of these antigens.

How do you treat Mosquito Bites?
Pharmacists agree that the most effective over-the-counter treatment of Mosquito bites is Ivy-Dry Ivy-Dry® SUPER Continuous Spray Can, Ivy-Dry® Super, Ivy-Dry® Cream. These products are recommended 640,000 times per month, more than any other, according to Pharmacy Times.

Why Do Spider, Ant, Wasp and Bee Stings Itch?
These insects inject venom which they use to kill their prey-usually insects. Visible, irritating bites are due to an immune response to antigens in the venom. Our bodies release a substance called histamine that causes inflammation the we perceive as itching as our body tries to rid itself of these antigens.
Serious health issues or death can arise if you are highly allergic or if the venom is extremely toxic as is the case with certain species of spiders and other biting insects.

How do you treat Bug Bites?
For treatment of itching bug bites use (link to testimonials) Ivy-Dry® SUPER Continuous Spray Can, Ivy-Dry® Super, Ivy-Dry® Cream. These products are recommended 640,000 times per month, more than any other, according to Pharmacy Times.


Poison Ivy Facts

• In the U.S. there are five different types of poison ivy, oak or sumac. They are found in every state except Alaska and Hawaii.

• Poison ivy usually grows as a vine on tree trunks or straggling over the ground, poison oak and sumac are shrubs.

• All three plants contain a poisonous, oily irritant called urushiol. This substance combines with protein in skin to produce the irritation.

• Urushiol is found in the entire plant and any exposure to it will produce a rash. Some people react very quickly to the poison, others take two to five days to see symptoms. The rash will start to itch and swell, and then produce tiny reddish pimples. Blisters will then form and eventually harden into a yellowish crust. A rash can last three to five weeks.

• There is no cure for the rash once you get it, but the Ivy-Dry family of products can help relieve the symptoms.

• The rash is spread by contact with the urushiol, be sure to thoroughly clean all clothing exposed to the plants.

 
Any questions on any of our products, please call
Toll Free 1-800-443-8856

 

 

     
Contact Us    Privacy Policy    MSD's     Sitemap

©Ivy-Dry, Inc. 2013